06/06/2009

The Derby

Still very, very sweet on Fame and Glory and ultimately I kind of think my fate this flat season rests on him. I have nearly £300 staked on O'Brien's colt, my biggest bet on one horse since Finsceal Beo in the 2007 1000 Guineas. I think people are reading way too much into Mr Murtagh's decision to partner Rip Van Winkle (if it is indeed his decision) and like New Approach last year I believe Fame and Glory should be a strong favourite. His win in the Derrinstown was more impressive than Galileo's and his drift in recent days has seen me put probably too much on. But sometimes you just have to go for it. Gan Amhras is my support bet in the race. Crowded House was backed during the winter.

Fame and Glory £280w @ 4/1
Gan Amhras £50w @ 95/10
Crowded House £30w@ 10/1

No comments:

Post a Comment