09/07/2009

Ante-Post

I've noticed that I keep saying i've taken this price and that price when I put my bets up (The Eclipse a perfect example) but maybe I should metion it when the price is snapped up.

So, a quick note on the ante-post bets currently in my portfolio, I took 12s :p on Fame and Glory after the Derby for the Arc given that I was pretty sure he would have the perfect prep for that race and wouldn't be targetted at the top 10f races given his pedigree. Bet was topped up after the Irish Derby. After Zarkava last year I can see Stacelita being a lot shorter on the day in October and i'll be keeping her on my side.

Today I took 10/1 on High Standing for the Stewards Cup. He was more impressive than the bare result suggests in the Wokingham and if you take Asset out of the race (an easy thing to do for me given that he is a Group horse) he wins the race easily and when one takes into account the fact that the Haggas trained animal has won at Goodwood already I think we can see that 10s is more than a fair price.

Arc:
Fame and Glory £20 @ 11/1
Stacelita £20 @ 13/2

Stewards Cup:
High Standing £40 @ 10/1

No comments:

Post a Comment