18/08/2009

Ebor Meeting - Day 1

With the International Stakes looking like a walkover for the awesome Sea the Stars i've turned to the Voltigeur for my only bet today. I've already backed Harbinger for the St Leger at 11/2 as I think the colt has bags of scope. His wins at Chester and Goodwood were impressive enough, even more so when one considers what a big horse Stoute's charge is. I think he will relish York and Doncaster as opposed to those tight undulating tracks and the only concern with the Leger bet is that if he is impressive today Sir Michael might sidetrack the final classic. The rest of the contenders today don't frighten me in the slightest, Alwaary for me was flattered to get within 5 lengths of the winner in the King George. Father Time shoulders a penalty and Jukebox Jury won a terrible Group race last time out and hasn't ran over the trip before.

Harbinger £60win @ 21/10

No comments:

Post a Comment