16/05/2010

Ante-Post

Some ante-post views.

Immediately after the 2000 Guineas I took all the 7/2 and 4/1 I could about St Nicholas Abbey for the Derby as I thought he ran a decent trial for the race. He was expected to win the first classic but I didn't see how he could win it with his pedigree, especially on fast ground. His RP Trophy form still looks the best on offer and with challengers falling by the wayside and his stablemate winning the Dante his odds dropped to around 9/4 I did a little laying off and now have a decent wager at good odds.

After Paco Boy's impressive victory in the Lockinge the bookmakers over-reacted making him joint favourite with Rip Van Winkle for the Queen Anne at Royal Ascot. Leaving the top class filly Goldikova at a mouth watering 7/2. If she turns up and we have decent ground on the day I cannot see her being anywhere near those odds. She's been beaten first time out as a 3 and 4yo but conditions were against her both times (heavy ground then soft over 9f)

Derby - £90win @ 4/1 St Nicholas Abbey
Queen Anne - £20win @ 7/2 Goldikova

No comments:

Post a Comment