01/05/2011

1000 Guineas

I'm sure all Racing fans are still on a high after Frankel's breathtaking win yesterday. One of the most amazing performances I've ever seen from a racehorse. I hope he goes for the Derby, even though I've laid him for the race, as it will create an immense buzz for the race. I also look forward to him taking on Canford Cliffs and Goldikova later in the summer. I was a bit annoyed that the BBC, who will cover the Derby of course, couldn't even spare a minute or so on their evening news bulletin for the race. Instead we got a couple of goals from Rangers vs Motherwell. Big yawn.

Anyway, onto today's big race where I took 20/1 about Moonlight Cloud just before her victory in the Prix Imprudence at the start of April. This filly looked a bundle of speed as a 2yo and despite not enjoying the sticky ground ran ok when taking on the colts in the Lagardere back in October. I have topped up my bet a few times in the weeks leading up to the race and have done the same today as she has drifted to 54/10 on Betfair. Still a very fair price.

Moonlight Cloud £90w @ 85/10 (lost)


(-150)

No comments:

Post a Comment