07/11/2009

Breeders Cup

I think I may chance Rip Van Winkle this evening at Santa Anita. I'm not sure about O'Brien's ability to recognise when a horse has gone but I do trust him to get a horse who's had the sort of problem's Rip has had to the track and ready to run for his life. I've seen a few of Zenyatta's races on Youtube and she does look top class, but how good are the American fillies she's beat? Ability wise it's more likely she's on a Bank's Hill kind of level (late120's) than a Zarkava (early 130's) and ultimately even if she is in the latter's league a top form RVW would likely beat her. I'd have liked him to have been more impressive at Ascot but I guess the trainer left a bit to work on.

I'm not interested in backing him at British prices but he is a bet at 3/1 or above on the American tote. I won't know the price until after the race so:

£60win @ 3/1 or
£70win @ better than 3s.

My internet at home is down at the moment (posting from work) so will update when I can including summing up this flat season. I will keep the blog going during the Jumps.

No comments:

Post a Comment