04/06/2010

Derby

Well, it's going to be an uphill battle to show a profit from this race given the position I had on St Nicholas Abbey but i'm giving it my best shot. When the drift on SNA began I took kept topping up but also took some 7/2 on Jan Vermeer for £60 just in case. Once the dust settled and the market was re-formed I laid £20 back at 9/4 and now I've decided to fire another couple of bullets in the hope that I can at least get some money back. I like the Godolphin horse, Rewilding, as he looks an athletic type with a really good 12f pedigree and the fact that Fabre had him for awhile and has positive comments about him is also a plus sign. To be honest I don't like the likes of Bullet Train, Midas Touch and Workforce and feel their really cramped odds make the race interesting from a punting point of view. As well as JV and Rewilding I can't resist a place bet on Coordinated Cut, an animal with close form ties to Workforce and Bullet Train who is almost four times their price. Daft.

St Nicholas Abbey £115w @ 5/1 NR
Coordinated Cut £20pl @ 46/10 Lost
Rewilding £20w @ 7/1 Lost
Jan Vermeer £40w @ 39/10 Lost

(-188)

No comments:

Post a Comment