16/06/2010

Royal Ascot - Thursday


On to the main race on thurday, the Gold Cup. I strongly fancy Ask for this for reasons I mentioned when I backed him ante-post. He's a genuine high class performer who loves the track and on pedigree should stay the trip. I've topped up as well since my initial bet at 7/1. I see Manifest as the only danger with Aidan O'Brien's stable in a funk and have covered my stake with a bet on him.

The other race of interest today is the Ribblesdale Stakes for 3yo fillies. Looks quite competitive but most of the animals at the top of the market make little appeal. The favourite, Principal Role is opposable on form because the horse that was third beaten 4L in her run at Newbury has been beaten a total of 60 odd lengths in her other two starts and looks like she hasn't trained on to me. I think the Oaks form is awful so that rules out Gertrude Bell (this is a bad race for Oaks fillies anyway) and Hannon has a filly who he's run in Italy a couple of times. Not good enough. That leaves Hibaayeb who ran really well in the Prix Saint-Alary behind the subsequent French Oaks winner. I would make her the favourite for this

Ask £80w @ 59/10 (lost)
Manifest £20w @ 4/1 (lost)

Hibaayeb £40w @ 56/10 (won)


(-16.6)

No comments:

Post a Comment