10/07/2010

Sat 10th July

I've been on a bit of a losing streak since Royal Ascot but I have a couple of bets today and I'm hopeful of a turnaround.
In the big race at York I've been backing Forte Dei Marmi for this for a few weeks and had him in my notebook since his win in the Zetland race at Redcar. A couple of "unlucky losers" at the Royal meeting has kept his price up and he's my most important bet since last summer.
In the 3.30 at Ascot I really like the look of Arizona John. This was a seemingly exposed 5yo handicapper over around a mile who was stepped up to 10f for the first time in his last race at Pontefract and won his race very cozily. He's out of a Caerleon mare so on the face of it I'm surprised he wasn't moved up before. He rates a decent bet at just over 6/1.

Forte Dei Marmi £60w @ 8/1 (lost)

Arizona John £30w @ 62/10 (lost)

(-281.6)

No comments:

Post a Comment