20/01/2012

Ascot - 21st Jan

Just the one bet on Saturday, a wager I've already written about when the ante-post prices went up for it. The Victor Chandler Chase at Ascot has a a great punting shape to it this year as we have a Paul Nicholls trained novice currently trading as second favourite. Al Ferof is a nice enough horse but he's really up against it here against some good horses and it's my opinion that the trainer is fully aware of Sprinter Sacre's potential greatness and that the Arkle might be beyond him - hence seeing where he's at in open company and a possible tilt at the Queen Mother. I can see it as a plan because Sizing Europe and Big Zeb are possibly vulnerable from an age point of view.

Anyway, Wishfull Thinking is my selection for the race. The ground has come up nice and soft for a horse that is probably suited to further than the trip he faces and he is a horse who tends to get better as the season progresses. I backed him each way at 8/1 when the prices came out and have topped up since. Finian's Rainbow of course will be a tough nut to crack and I like this horse a lot - but at the prices I think I have the value bet in the race.

Wisfull Thinking £20ew and £30w @ 8/1. (lost)


(-868)

No comments:

Post a Comment