27/01/2012

Cheltenham and Doncaster - 28th Jan

When the five day entries came out for the big handicap at Doncaster and the Argento Chase at Cheltenham on Monday I made a couple of bets which was a wise move as the favourites for both contests have been pulled out since. This means I'm sitting pretty with the prices I got.

At Donny I took 20s about the Nick Williams trained Shalamar Frontero, a horse running tomorrow off a mouth watering mark of just 130. I expect him to win a decent handicap before the end of the season and I'm hopeful it will be this one. As I said on Monday, this horse travelled and jumped really well at Aintree in December before coming to grief at Becher's Brook and off a low weight he must surely go close if he stays on his feet. I've had another score on at 10/1 this morning.

In the big trial for the Gold Cup at Cheltenham the 6/1 I took about Captain Chris is now intensely good value as he currently trades at 11/4. I've written about this horse plenty in the past and don't feel I need to add anything now. The race still has a good punting shape as a couple of no hopers - Midnight Chase and Tidal Bay - are incredibly short considering their lack of any recent form. My A/P bet on Time for Rupert for the Gold Cup has looked ropey for quite a while but at 4/1 today on his favourite track he is certainly worth a cover bet.

Captain Chris £40w @ 6/1 (pu)
Time for Rupert £25w @ 4/1 (lost)

Shalimar Fromentro £10ew @ 20/1 and £20w @ 10/1 (lost)


(-973)

No comments:

Post a Comment