18/03/2010

Cheltenham Festival - Day 3

Strange day yesterday, I was certain I had the RSA covered but got blown out of the water. However, all my each ways were placed and I actually finished in front on the day.
I've already tucked into the World Hurdle and the Ryanair ante-post but all my selections are still at backable prices.
In the Ryanair I like Tranquil Sea. He won the Paddy Power at Cheltenham in November but for some reason the horse he beat that day Poquelin has always been shorter in the betting. I put that down to Paul Nicholls being the trainer. This has been a race that for awhile i've been totally against a number of the runners. Barber's Shop, Voy Por Ustedes and Schinder's Hunt are animals I couldn't really have at any price. One in double figures I do like is Planet of Sound. Third in the Arkle last year he ran a really eye-catching second giving weight to Albertas Run when stepped up in trip in November and I thought then that he'd be a Ryanair horse. Unfortunately he is a horse that makes the odd mistake and indeed he fell when favourite for a race last month. From a talent point of view he's with the best in this and for me his error prown profile is factored in his price.
In the World Hurdle i really cannot oppose Big Bucks. He's the most solid of all Nicholls hot pots this year. But in the market without him I really like Karabak. In his last three starts he has finished second to Big Bucks, Zaynar over a trip that suited the Henderson animal more and the top class Mikael D'Haguenet in the Baring Bingham at last year's festival. It takes a really top notch animal to beat him and for me after Big Bucks there isn't much worthwhile opposition in the race
Day 3 Bets:

Ryanair
Tranquil Sea £30win @ 11/2
Planet of Sound £15ew @ 12/1

World Hurdle
Karabak £30win @ 100/30 (without Big Buck's)

Mikael D'Haguenet

Mikael D'Haguenet

No comments:

Post a Comment