19/03/2010

Cheltenham Festival - Day 4



Here we go then, Denman vs Kauto round 3.
I'm a massive Denman fan and I have to stay loyal to him today. He's out to 5/1 on Betfair and that is too big. His Hennessy win was pretty amazing off 174 and I just hope his fall at Newbury hasn't left any scars. I think the big meeting's wake him up however and I remain hopeful. The drying ground is only an issue in that a more severe test is more in his favour than Kauto Star's but he does act on a fast surface. Kauto Star is the best National Hunt horse to have run for forty years but it's always been my opinion that he is vulnerable at Cheltenham when they go a decent clip. In 2008 he made mistakes on the first circuit before Denman put it too him and in 2006 he actually fell in the two mile Champion Chase when favourite. He's certainly not as much of a cert as Big Bucks was yesterday. I've also backed Cooldine at 14s as a fast run race on this decent ground will suit.

Gold Cup
Denman £60win @ 9/2
Cooldine £20win @ 14/1

No comments:

Post a Comment