11/10/2010

Champions Day

The five day decs are out for the final proper Champions Day jamboree at Headquarters and as ever it's a meeting to savour.
On the racing forum I post in I noted that five of he first six in the betting were terrible prices which left crack French 5yo Vision d'Etat (a horse that saved my bacon after a terrible start to my season last year at the Royal meeting in June) as the only animal for me near the top at the market at anything like a backable price. He's only had a couple of runs this year which means he'll be fresh, but there isn't that much evidence he's as good as he was in 2009. On balance with favourite Twice Over looking well dodgy given how much racing he's had this year and QEII winner Poet's Voice looking overrated on form and a possible non-stayer I make my selection a decent enough punt.

Race of the day though is the Dewhurst, a contest that pits three top, top quality 2yos against each other and may well be the race of the year.
Frankel looked Arazi like in winning the Royal Lodge and I hesitate in taking him on but Dream Ahead won the Middle Park (on this course) by nine lengths against what was a better field and anything over 3/1 will be taken on the day.

Champion Stakes:
Vision d'Etat £29w @ 9//2

No comments:

Post a Comment