25/10/2010

Ante-Post Update

With the Flat pretty much done I thought I'd update the blog with my current ante-post positions over the Jumps. I've already noted down a few bets which have since been added to. I have backed Long Run for the King George as I believe Kauto Star is now on the decline and is worth taking on. I also have a double going on him after Workforce won in Paris earlier in the month but I can't really include it here as the bet was placed    after I had posted my Arc bets.

As to the Festival, I can't see Kauto or Denman being involved in the Gold Cup shake up this time which means the market has a lopsided feel to it. I have therefore had a few bob on a variety of big priced animals in the hope that at least two of them line-up for the race at much shorter odds and I can play again - probably covering on Imperial Commander.

Mikael D'Haguenet looked a very special horse when winning the Baring Bingham a couple of years back and I've backed him pretty much knowing hell be a short priced favourite come March and I'll be in an excellent position for the race. Zaynar was backed a while ago with the hope that Big Buck's goes chasing. That's not looking likely at the moment but one never knows.

I'll be posting regular updates and my thoughts on the Festival as the winter progresses.

*Update* 30/10
Most of my punting action takes place on Betfair and I don't look at the odds from regular bookmakers as often as I probably should. For the Queen Mother Champion Chase at the Festival the exchange has Master Minded the clear favourite by half a point from Big Zeb and yet Stan James has the latter at 3/1 and the former at 11/2. That is just plain wrong. Nicholls charge is a horse that has been a tad overrated in the past but he's still young enough to do himself justice and two things stick out from last year's poor campaign. He was injured when failing to give weight on his seasonal reappearance and even though he was disappointing in the Champion Chase he has had a breathing operation since. In summary I think the prices quoted are the wrong way round and 11/2 has to be taken.







King George
Long Run £10w @ 11/2

Cheltenham Festival:

Champion Chase
Master Minded £40w @ 11/2

RSA
Mikael D'Haguenet £10w @ 9/1

World Hurdle
Zaynar £5w @ 10/1

Gold Cup
Somersby £5w @ 20/1
Pandorama £5w @ 47/1
Mad Max £8w @ 77/1
Punchestowns £5w @ 23/1

No comments:

Post a Comment