02/11/2010

Exeter - 2nd Nov

The NH season is really upon us now and today I have my first bet of the season in the Haldon Gold Cup at Exeter. Cornas is handled by Nick Williams, a trainer I have followed the last couple of years. The stable is under a big cloud at the moment as their very promising novice hurdler from last year, Me Voici, had a heart attack a week or so ago and is no longer with us. It's a big blow for a small yard to lose such a promising animal and I'm hoping the likes of Diamond Harry, Cornas and James De Vassy can have fine seasons, and they can unearth a couple of future stars to at least in part gain a slice of compensation. My thoughts are with them.
Cornas is a high class handicapper who has a great record at the track having won at Exeter in the past and been placed in this race also. He's had a run already this season and at 4/1 should go well in this race today. Somersby is the main danger to my selection and he's an animal I like a lot. I've backed him for the Cheltenham Gold Cup but hope he needs the run today naturally.

Cornas £40w @ 4/1 (lost)

No comments:

Post a Comment