14/11/2010

Open Meeting - Day 3

Great card today at Cheltenham and I have identified three wagers. In the 2m chase I can't understand why Tataniano is favourite over Forpadytheplasterer when the latter gets 5lbs from him. The Nicholls horse looks a tad overrated to me and I think he had a big freshness advantage over his field (didn't run at the Festival) when winning at Aintree in April.

The big race of the day is the Greatwood Handicap Hurdle and I really like Get Me Out of Here for this. He was an unlucky second in the Supreme last March when Menorah kind of barged into him just when my selection was getting going and he's a horse with a lot more scope than his rivals today. I'm gonna forgive him his poor run first time out and put it down to needing the race. He's a big strapping chaser type who will carry the weight today with minimum fuss.

As a follower of the stable I have to be with For Non Stop in the other hurdle race over 2m5f. Nick Williams charge absolutely dotted up first time out running off 112 at Chepstow and you have to think he's going to end up being a 140+ animal under this shrewdest of trainers.


Forpadytheplasterer £30w @ 7/4 (lost)
Get Me Out of Here £40w @ 13/2 (lost) 
For Non Stop £40w @ 11/2 (lost)


(-175)



No comments:

Post a Comment