20/11/2010

Haydock - Nov 20th

A good days racing with nice cards at Ascot and Haydock. At the former Zaynar and Master Minded, two animals I've backed ante-post for the Festival, have their season openers and whilst I'll be punting neither I'm hoping for good displays naturally.

It's to my local track where the betting action is and first off we have James de Vassy, a horse from the Nick Williams stable who I followed closely last year. He was placed in the Greatwood and Coral Cup at Cheltenham and although this is a tough race with a particulary well-in favourite who won at the Open meeting last week it certainly isn't as tough as a Festival handicap. My selection is a hurdler who looks like a chaser and should be up to carrying his fairly big weight.

In the Betfair Chase I was originally keen to back Nacarat at a big price but I don't really think he's up to beating Imperial Commander so instead I have laid What a Friend who is criminally short. This horse for me is the most overrated chaser is training. Two Grade 1 wins last season don't tell the story as he was gifted both for one reason or another. On ratings he is no better than Nacarat or Planet of Sound and yet is half the price and more of both of those creatures.


James de Vassy £40w @ 64/10 (lost)
What a Friend Laid @ 7/2 for £40 (Liability £140) (lost)


(-177)

No comments:

Post a Comment