03/12/2010

Ante-Post Update

Up until Saturday my position on the Cheltenham Gold Cup was that I thought we'd have a new winner as the so called big three were all getting on a bit and were a bit short in the betting for me. Denman's performance in the Hennessy changed that and the fact that he will go to the Festival without another race is a big plus as I think he left his Gold Cup behind when falling in the Aon at Newbury last season. As for the winner, Diamond Harry is some beast when he gets into a nice rhythm but I have my doubts about that happening at Cheltenham.
I've not had a bet on the Champion Hurdle yet but I note that Binocular has drifted to a generally available 9/2 and his conqueror the other day, Peddlers Cross, is only 6s. That price differential needs to be wider and I've asked for 5.8 on Betfair.

King George
Long Run £20w @ 6/1
Sizing Europe £20ew @ 16/1

-----------

Cheltenham Festival:

Champion Hurdle
Dunguib £5w @ 23/1

Champion Chase
Master Minded £40w @ 11/2

RSA Chase
Mikael D'Haguenet £10w @ 9/1

World Hurdle
Zaynar £5W @ 10/1

Gold Cup
Somersby £5w @ 20/1
Pandorama £5w @ 47/1
Mad Max £5w @ 77/1
Punchestowns £10w @ 24/1
Denman £20w @ 8/1

No comments:

Post a Comment