27/12/2010

Lexus Chase

I spent most of the Christmas period anxiously wondering whether or not the King George would get the go ahead and to my disappointment the whole meeting was called off yesterday. I'd prefer the race to be run closer to it's new date of January 15th but at least (for Long Run's sake) it remains at Kempton.

It's been awhile since I had a bet but one of my ante-post fancies for the Festival runs in Ireland's big race tomorrow and I've taken the 7/1 about Pandorama available at Hills. I think you can easily forgive his non-run really in our Hennessy last month and he remains a chaser with a lot of promise. To all intents and purposes this is his first run of the season and there is a possibility he might tire on very deep ground. For this reason I think the safest course would be to take a slice of the 4/1 available about Cooldine. This animal rates the main danger as he was only beaten a neck by Joncol in the Irish Hennessy last season and should be able to turn the tables now.

The rest look either too old, too exposed or are not good enough.

Pandorama £50w @ 7/1 (won)
Cooldine £30w @ 4/1 (lost)


(+681.2)

No comments:

Post a Comment