19/02/2011

February 19th

A cracking days racing in store at a number of tracks today. Looking forward to seeing Dunguib back in action at Gowran Park and I hope he wins without having too hard a time on it.

The best cards are at Ascot and Haydock but my only bet of the day is in the Kingwell Hurdle at Wincanton.
Mille Chief heads the market for this and he is a horse I'm loathe to oppose as he looks an animal of some promise. However, Ronaldo Des Mottes is simply too big a price at 10/1. I'm not keen on any of the others really and their prices relative to Ronaldo gives me the angle to punt I am looking for. I think Overturn has been overrated on his run behind Binocular in the Christmas Hurdle. That race wasn't a contest I'd like to take literally from a form point of view. Silviniaco Conti has a penalty in this and a form line through Menorah via Get me out of Here suggests my selection seems to have a similar chance and yet is more than twice the price.


Ronaldo Des Mottes £50w @ 10/1 (lost)


(+1372.45)

No comments:

Post a Comment