23/07/2011

Ascot and York 23/7

I've written at length about the King George in previous entries and am fully committed behind Rewilding. I think he remains an underrated horse who has improved leaps and bounds this year. Also at Ascot a horse I noted as one to follow after a fine run at the Royal Meeting, Striking Spirit, runs in the big 7f Handicap. I backed this horse in the Bunbury Cup last time out where he was drawn 1 and was switched upon leaving the stalls to race with the main bunch. Ironically the winner was also drawn low and stayed where he was. Such is life. Anyway, I'm giving him another chance and in a 24 runner field he's backable each way with some firms paying five places.

At York we have an interesting Group 2 race over 10f where dual Champion Stakes winner takes on a field of horses not really proven at the highest level. I'm not a fan of the animal to be honest but I think you can make excuses for his two poorish runs this year and he looks a class above these. I've taken 26/10.

Rewilding £80w @ 32/10 rip

Striking Spirit £30ew @ 11/1 (lost)

Twice Over £60w @ 26/10 (won)


(-289.4)

No comments:

Post a Comment