08/07/2011

July Meeting - Saturday

Tomorrow's big sprint isn't a race I have a good record in but I've been a fan of the Roger Charlton trained Bated Breath since last year and think he can go close tomorrow. He's a horse I liked for the Golden Jubilee at the Royal meeting but the soft conditions underfoot scuppered him that day, although he still put in an encouraging effort. Indeed, the winner of that Group 1 event was behind my fancy earlier in the season. I backed my selection as soon as Betfair formed a market and have topped up since.

My other bet today is in the Bunbury Cup. I noted Striking Spirit as a horse to follow over the trip he faces today after a blinding run in a hot 7f Handicap at Ascot. He's an animal who has been stepped up in trip since moving yards and today's race should suit. I'm just relieved one of the four horses I noted down on this Blog after the Royal meeting is actually running in a competitive handicap. 

Bated Breath £50w @ 12/1 £20pl @ 100/30 (2nd)

Striking Spirit £60w @ 10/1 (lost)


(-297.4)

1 comment:

  1. Very close with BATED BREATH, Nick and if Seb had stayed on the stand side who knows how close STRIKING SPIRIT would have gone.

    You've had luckier days.

    ReplyDelete