23/02/2012

Cheltenham Thoughts 23/2

As the Festival draws nearer setbacks and non-runners start becoming more plentiful unfortunately. Planet of Sound hasn't been entered in the Handicap I'd backed him for and instead is taking in a race at Kempton on Saturday before possibly running in the Grand National and just today Fingal Bay has had a setback with news to follow tomorrow according to his handler. On the bright side the latter might be OK and even if he isn't I will have positions on Simonsig and possibly Mount Benbulben that will probably be improved if he misses the Festival. I hope the current drift on Betfair is an overreaction and I've taken 10/1 in the hope that that is the case. My fear is he will not take part however, making Simonsig more likely to take in the Neptune. I've put some money back into him for that contest. 


Seeing Sprinter Sacre in the flesh last week at Newbury was a real pleasure and he goes to the Arkle with the world at his feet. He dominates my ante-post book and how he goes is how I go. Aside from him I'm in a healthy position in the Ryanair where both Rubi Light and Medermit advertised their claims last weekend but on the flip side Mikael D'Haguenet was most disappointing on Sunday and I doubt he'll run in the World Hurdle now. My tickets arrived for the Thursday yesterday and that promises to be busy days punting as I intend to back For Non Stop in the Jewson and Oscar Whisky in the World Hurdle on the day. Full steam ahead.


Supreme:
Simonsig £30w @ 136/10 - Laid back at 10/1

Arkle:
Sprinter Sacre £200w @ 46/10 and £30w double with Fingal Bay (Neptune) @ 9/4 and 5/1

Neptune:
Simonsig £30w @ 12/1 - £20 Laid back @ 95/10 
Fingal Bay £10w @ 10/1

Champion Chase:
Wishfull Thinking £20w @ 20/1

World Hurdle:
Mikael D'Haguenet £15w @ 34/1 and £10w @ 72/10 (w/o Big Bucks) 

Ryanair:
Medermit £25w @ 16/1
Rubi Light £20w @ 82/10 

Spa Hurdle:
Mount Benbulben £40w @ 12/1 

County Hurdle:
Empire Levant £15w @ 16/1 

Gold Cup:
Time for Rupert £50w @ 16/1
Captain Chris £10w @ 33/1 
Magnanimity £10ew @ 25/1 (w/o Kauto Star and Long Run) 
China Rock £5w @ 79/1 


Non Runners - total of £70 lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment