01/03/2012

Cheltenham Thoughts 1/3

Less than two weeks to go and inevitably as some positions I have look better and better, the non-runner count rises as well. Fingal Bay's hamstring injury is a blow of course, but it might make Simonsig and Mount Bensbulben's tasks a little easier if things fall into place. If the former goes for the Neptune I might end up with just the one bet on Tuesday.
As things stand I'm involved in fewer races this year but the horses I have good positions on win me more money if they come in. Although one of those, Medermit, is apparently being considered as a possible for the Gold Cup unfortunately. I suppose doubts about Kauto Star's involvement make this more likely. Ho hum! The closer we get and the more bad news that's received means the all-in aspect of my Sprinter Sacre position becomes more apparent. I think he should be odds-on now, especially with the recent doubts concerning Peddlers Cross taking him on, and I continue my topping up campaign. On Monday I also took advantage of Paddy Power's money back on all losers concession if SS wins the race and have punted Al Ferof at 5/1. He's the likeliest winner if the unthinkable happens. It goes without saying it's a fantastic offer.

I don't normally get involved in the Triumph Hurdle but Baby Mix really impressed me at Kempton last Saturday as he beat a decent field quite readily despite not hurdling that fluidly and idling on the run in. He actually jumped better at Cheltenham in the Autumn when accounting for a Nicholls hot pot and I think he's worth backing at 13/2 now.

EDIT 3/3: Simonsig has just been confirmed as heading to the Neptune so the idea I had of laying back the bets I had for both possible targets at shorter odds has worked quite well. I've topped up now and although I'm on at a shorter price than I originally had I haven't lost money on the Supreme. I've also added a couple of multiples to my portfolio and will have another couple before the Festival starts.


Arkle:
Sprinter Sacre £240w @ 4/1 
Al Ferof £60w @ 5/1 (mbs) 

Neptune:
Simonsig £25w @ 89/10

Champion Chase:
Wishfull Thinking £20w @ 20/1

World Hurdle:
Mikael D'Haguenet £15w @ 34/1 and £10w @ 72/10 (w/o Big Bucks) 

Ryanair:
Medermit £25w @ 16/1
Rubi Light £20w @ 82/10 


Triumph:
Baby Mix £20w @ 13/2

County Hurdle:
Empire Levant £15w @ 16/1

Albert Bartlett:
Mount Benbulben £45w @ 11/1 

Gold Cup:
Time for Rupert £50w @ 16/1
Captain Chris £10w @ 33/1 
Magnanimity £10ew @ 25/1 (w/o Kauto Star and Long Run) 
China Rock £5w @ 79/1 


£10 Multiples: 
Boston Bob (Neptune) and Noble Prince (Ryanair) @ 10/3 and 6/1 
Sprinter Sacre (Arkle) and For Non Stop (Jewson) @ 5/4 and 8/1 
Peddlers Cross (Jewson) and Chapoturgeon (Foxhunters) @ 9/2 and 5/1




Non-Runners - total of £110 lost

No comments:

Post a Comment