24/03/2012

Newbury - 24th March

One of the horses at the top of my to follow lists at the start of the season was Mon Parrain. In winning at Sandown last season and then getting caught up the run in at the National meeting he looked an absolute stag from a jumping point of view. I steamed into him for the Paddy Power at Cheltenham back in November but he jumped poorly and never featured.  Back at that track for his second start he ran better but looked like he didn't quite stay the 26f that day. He runs over the same trip today but I expect Newbury will really play to his jumping strengths and that's the key to why I'm backing him. He'll jump better I'm sure on this flat track and that will help him conserve some stamina. Staying the full distance is not a guarantee and that's why I am attempting to lay some of my stake back in running. If his fencing is as assured as I expect it to be he will trade short on Betfair before his stamina becomes an issue

Mon Parrain £70w @ 11/4 (£20 Lay IR asked for @ 2/1) (lost)


(-340)

No comments:

Post a Comment