24/04/2013

Punchestown - Day 3

A poor couple of days for me with Boston Bob falling just when getting into contention on Tuesday and Captain Chris just not staying the trip on the soft ground today. To be honest I'd ideally put this jumps season to bed now but I can't let Reve De Sivola go unbacked tomorrow at 7/1 now he has underfoot conditions to his liking. The ground was too lively for him at Cheltenham yet he still ran creditably enough in finishing fourth. There probably isn't a horse in training I have backed more than this fella and I would love to see him win another Grade 1. This race is being billed as a two horse affair between Quevega and Solwhit but the former beat absolutely bugger all in the Mares Hurdle and the latter isn't that far ahead of my selection on form and the fact that he has run at Aintree as well as Cheltenham is far from a positive. In summary Reve De Sivola is not a 7/1 poke for this with the ground soft as it is.

EDIT 25/4:
Hills and Ladbrokes have enhanced Quevega's price this morning so I have put her in a little double with Arvika Legionnaire in the novice chase. That horse will appreciate going right handed and the soft underfoot conditions.

Word Series Hurdle:
Reve De Sivola £60w @ 7/1 (lost)

Quevega/Arvika Legionnaire (Ryanair Novice Chase) £20 double @ 2/1 and 5/1 (won) 

(+464.71)

No comments:

Post a Comment