27/04/2013

Jumps Season - Postscript

I've had better seasons from a punting point of view but I don't think I've ever enjoyed a Jumps season as much the one that's just finished today. We had some imperious performances, two or free fantastic Festivals and some exciting stars of the future revealing themselves. The highlight for me was my trip to Sandown on December 8th for the Tingle Creek. Sprinter Sacre was magnificent that day and I was really taken with the racecourse. One of the two or three best I've visited. I look forward to returning one day.

Betting wise I'd give it a B- It started well but I had way too many ante-post bets on the Cheltenham Festival, and lots of those never made the meeting. The lack of a proper good winner after Al Ferof's win in the Paddy Power ultimately cost me but lessons were learnt and I'll be more circumspect next season.

The flat kicks off for me next week with the Guineas and I'll be in attendance on Saturday. My thoughts on both races will be posted later in the week.

Ante-Post:


2000 Guineas:
Cristoforo Colombo £50w @ 16/1

1000 Guineas
Newfangled (NR) £15
What a Name £40w @ 10/1

--
King George:
Al Ferof £10w @ 16/1

Champion Hurdle:
Jezki £13w @ 20/1
My Tent or Yours £15w @ 10/1

No comments:

Post a Comment