05/10/2013

Longchamp - 6th Oct

These days I class myself mainly as a Jumps man but the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe tomorrow in Paris will always be my favourite individual race of the whole calendar year and like last year I'm very confident Orfevre will take all the beating. The wide draw he had and the very deep ground combined to thwart him in that renewal and so with a better berth this time around and soft but not heavy underfoot conditions I expect him to be incredibly hard to beat. He has an intense turn of pace that will be hard to counter on soft ground and with Treve looking underpriced having only race against fillies, the going now looking against Flintshire (the 20/1 I had has been laid off), Intello looking even more of a non stayer now and Novellist not running I don't see that many dangers. His compatriot Kizuna might be one and I have backed him each way with Bet365 who are paying four places. My position on the favourite isn't as big as it was last year but I'd be very happy with a win given my mildly disappointing season and the ugly non runner count on the race.

Orfevre £75w @ 48/10 (lost)
Kizuna £15ew @ 8/1 (4pl) (4th)
Kizuna/Cue Card (King George) £10dbl @ 8/1 and 8/1
Non Runners £60 lost

(-113.7)

No comments:

Post a Comment