11/10/2013

Newmarket - 12th October

I've not had the best of flat seasons but was in profit until a couple of weeks ago and I think with me having such a good record in the Cambridgeshire and the Arc I went for a home run ball in both contests with the hope of a juicy profit to see me into the winter. I have no regrets as I think it's correct on occasion to go for a big winner - but maybe in future it would be wise not to let past results in the race in question affect the bet size

I'm gearing up for the Jumps now and probably will only have one or two more bets on the level. I like Pallasator in the Cesarewitch tomorrow at Headquarters. This is a giant of a horse who will not find carrying 9st6 much of a problem and there was a lot to like about his first and so far only run of the season on soft ground at Haydock over fourteen furlongs recently. It was a race run only at a moderate gallop and the selection was anchored towards the rear of the field until the horses entered the straight. Luke Morris then started pushing to get competitive and although he didn't do enough to win, he finished in the frame behind two animals with solid form who were better positioned throughout given this sedate early pace. The Cesarewitch is always competitive race of course but he's been well drawn, the ground will not be an issue, he's in the hands of a master trainer for these type races and he has a good draw. The good draw he has means each way is the way to go given the five places on offer.

Cesarewitch:
Pallasator £20ew @ 9/1 and £15w @ 10/1 (5th)

(-103.7)

No comments:

Post a Comment