30/07/2014

Goodwood - 30th July

    I haven't put Glorious in the title because from a betting point of view it really isn't this year. I fancied nothing yesterday and today's action is almost as uninspiring. The opener has tempted me in though, mainly because when I see a horse trading as short as Maid in Rio is for a 12 runner handicap I feel there has to be value somewhere. As solid a chance as that horse has I do like Lieutenant Miller at around 10/1. He has a number of factors in his favour today. One, he ran well in this very race last season in finishing second to another Johnston inmate in Broxbourne. Two, he has a better chance than his down the field run in the Ascot Stakes last time out would suggest. He was cut up by the winner that day and was tenderly ridden out by Ryan Moore. Finally, Goodwood is a turning, undulating track that is suited to the higher rated animals in handicaps and Lieutenant Miller carries top weight. He has a very solid each way chance.

Goodwood Stakes:
Lieutenant Miller £20ew @ 10/1 (lost)

(+1189.75)

No comments:

Post a Comment