17/10/2014

Ascot - 18th October

    I posted my thoughts on Champions Day earlier in the week and nothing has changed since. Ascot has continued to attract rain and the ground will be very testing tomorrow, conditions that will suit Ruler of the World and Gordon Lord Byron. As ever I topped up my positions once final decs were made.

    I've had a very good flat season, the themes of which have been my increased use of video form study, particularly in lower grade races than I usually got involved with in the past, and also my cutting down on backing bigger, double figure priced horses in conditions events - bets that have been death for me in the past. The two wagers I have tomorrow will be my final bets on the level and I'm hoping my good run can continue when I finally get involved in some Jumping.

British Champions Sprint Stakes:
Gordon Lord Byron £40w @ 68/10 (won)

Champion Stakes:
Ruler of the World £50w @ 8/1 (lost)

(+1727.2)

No comments:

Post a Comment