11/02/2015

Ante-Post

 

    I can't remember the last time I quite enjoyed a card as much as the one at Leopardstown last Sunday. A couple of really interesting Juvenile/Novice Hurdles, a terrific battle in the Flogas and AP winning the Hennessy. Brilliant stuff. Apache Stronghold's win from Valseur Lido was one of the biggest buzzes of the season for me but I do prefer the Mullins horse for Cheltenham - I think he travels and jumps better but just lacks the engine size of Mead's chaser who I fear could get left behind in the JLT. I've not backed Valseur Lido yet because it's not clear which race he'll go for - I expect I'll add him to my each way double shortlist when his ultimate target is confirmed.

    I think each way doubles are a fine strategy for the Festival but last year I made the mistake of not having that many and so despite having Jezki in one at 14s and Fingal Bay in another at 11s I missed out on a big pay day by not having them together. So this season I want a list of maybe eight horses and I'll try and get each of them in at least four combos. I placed my first one today with the NRNB concession. I think Smad Place is overpriced for the Gold Cup - a good pace on decent ground will really suit him (he was really keen behind Many Clouds last time out) and of course he ran a good race in the RSA last March.

    Elsewhere nothing much else to report. The positives are Champagne Fever looks more solid for the Queen Mother with Sire de Grugy's poor run in the Game Spirit and I was pleased to see King's Palace have his prep on the same day. On the black side though I hoped for more from Boston Bob in the Hennessy given he had his ground more or less and just now news has emerged that More of That is now an unlikely participant in the World Hurdle.


--

Arkle Chase:
Josses Hill £50w @ 11/1

Champion Hurdle:
Jezki £15w @ 13/2 and £20ew @ 11/2 NRNB

Neptune Novices' Hurdle:
Shaneshill £10w @ 14/1

Queen Mother:
Uxizandre £15ew @ 16/1 NRNB
Champagne Fever £20w @ 84/10

RSA Chase:
King's Palace £70w @ 89/10

Ryanair Chase:
Uxizandre £12w @ 16/1
Champagne Fever £10w @ 12/1
Cue Card £20w @ 8/1

World Hurdle:
More of That £30w @ 47/10

Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle:
Tea For Two £10w @ 25/1
Value At Risk £15w @ 14/1

Gold Cup:
Boston Bob £10ew @ 20/1 NRNB
Champagne Fever £25w @ 17/1

To Win at the Festival:
Cue Card £10 @ 16/1

Doubles:
Tea For Two(Lanzarote)(won)/King's Palace(RSA) £10w @ 6/1 & 5/1

Don Poli(RSA)/Cue Card(Ryanair) £10w @ 5/1 & 7/1

Champagne Fever(Queen Mother)/Smad Place(Gold Cup) £5ew @ 6/1 & 25/1 NRNB



£48 lost on Non-Runners


No comments:

Post a Comment