13/02/2015

Ascot - 14th Feb

    The Ascot Chase, despite a small field. looks a tidy little race tomorrow but I'm a bit annoyed as I missed the initial price on Ballycasey. I was at work when final decs were made and my phone is coming on four years old and I just couldn't log onto the final bookie (Boylesports) who was offering 5/1. Ballycasey travelled like the best horse in the race in last season's RSA before running out of gas and this trip of two and half miles looks perfect for him. This year he jumped beautifully during his seasonal debut at Gowran Park but was disappointing in the Dial-a-Bet over the Christmas period. That was a funny race though, a number of horses in it ran below form, and I'm giving him a pass for that reason. It's interesting that Ruby comes over for the ride as well with Champagne Fever in action back home in the Red Mills. I fear Ptit Zig of his opponents but it's possible he's been slightly overrated given that he was much much more suited to the trip last time out than Champagne West and it goes without saying that this first foray into open company is by far his toughest test. I don't really rate Balder Succes and ultimately I think I'm backing the best horse in a six runner race at 4/1+. That'll do me all day long.

Ascot Chase:
Ballycasey £40w @ 4/1 (lost)

(+368.75)

No comments:

Post a Comment