22/01/2016

Ascot - 23rd Jan

    Aside from the odd Cheltenham top up I've been inactive on the betting front in recent weeks and I feel refreshed and ready for a good year. Last year I was a big supporter of the Skelton trained Value at Risk and he was one of my main fancies for the Festival. He actually travelled and jumped well enough in the Albert Bartlett before fading around two out and it's possible he just didn't fully stay in what was a grinder of a renewal. Unfortunately his chasing career has been a horror show thus far with two falls from two appearances and so he appears back over hurdles tomorrow. The top and bottom of it is I'm backing him because he looks very well treated off 142 and with 18 runners we have very good each way terms. I also think this could be his trip given the possibility it was lack of stamina that did for him last March.

"40 Years of Keltbray" Holloway's Handicap Hurdle:
Value at Risk £20ew @ 9/1 (lost)

(-26.49)

No comments:

Post a Comment