29/01/2016

Cheltenham - 30th Jan

    On the odd occasion I take a price about a horse mid week and he or she drifts before the Saturday of the race I see it as a bad sign but not so with O'Faolains Boy tomorrow. I thought the race would cut up more than it has to be sure but with a Mullins animal at odds-on and a Grand National winner in the line-up also it stands to reason that my selection wouldn't be grabbing the headlines. As a former RSA winner (Smad Place in behind) we know the track suits and the horse loves a bit of cut. I think 10/1 tomorrow is bordering on insulting and have topped up.

    The Neptune trial later on in the card is a rip snorter of a race and as a Shantou Village ante-post Festival backer I want to see a good run but the deep ground is a worry and with favourite Yanworth not guaranteed to stay this is a race with a nice punting angle to it. Charmix has done little wrong this season, he will stay, he acts well on soft ground, his form has been boosted today by the second from his last run at Newbury - and he's a very backable price. If Shantou Village isn't at his best I wouldn't be too concerned as we are pretty certain to get better ground in six weeks - for now though I'm more concerned with getting Harry Fry's horse in the winner's enclosure as I started this season well but have gone into the red recently and would like a change in fortune please. Tomorrow's racing at both headquarters and Doncaster is top draw and hopefully will give us loads of Festival clues - I'm hoping for decent runs from Champagne West, Holywell and Vaniteux as well as the horses already mentioned. Good luck with your bets.

Argento Chase:
O'Faolains Boy £15w @ 8/1 and £15ew @ 10/1 (pu)

Neptune Novices' Hurdle:
Charmix £25w @ 8/1 and £15ew @ 13/2 (pu)

(-126.49)

No comments:

Post a Comment