18/01/2011

Cheltenham Thoughts 18/1

In a couple of months we'll be well into the Festival and I for one can't wait. I'll be attending on the Wednesday. I'm having the best Jumps season I've ever had but historically I do better outside of the Festival. It's so competitive that winner finding is harder than at other times. My portfolio at the moment:


Cheltenham Festival:

Arkle
Mikael D'Haguenet £5w  @ 17/1

Champion Hurdle
Dunguib £20w @ 21/1

Champion Chase
Master Minded £75w @ 4/1

RSA Chase
Mikael D'Haguenet £30w @ 92/10

World Hurdle
Zaynar £5w @ 10/1
Reve De Sivola £5pl @ 12/1
Mikael D'Haguenet £5w @ 27/1


Gold Cup
Somersby £5w @ 20/1
Pandorama £10w @ 31/1
Mad Max £5w @ 77/1
Punchestowns £10w @ 24/1
Denman £30w @ 85/10

The only real positives out of that list are the prices I have about Master Minded in the Queen Mother and Pandorama in the Gold Cup (even if the latter is only for a five spot). Over the next few weeks I'm hoping Dunguib puts in a positive performance in the Irish Champion on Sunday and that Mr Mullins gets another run into Mikael D'Haguenet. 

Somersby should be running shortly as well and he's a horse I like a lot. I'll be backing him if he runs in the Ryanair. Long Run and Diamond Harry are horses that have been big winners for me this season but I'll be against both of them in the Gold Cup based on their Cheltenham form and I wouldn't put anyone off a bet on Imperial Commander at 4/1. I'll probably back him on the day unless he's too short.

I have no real opinion on the novice hurdles or the Arkle and I'll be studying the handicaps as the build up continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment