16/08/2011

York - Day 1

Initially I looked at the opening day of the Ebor meeting with a view to taking on Await The Dawn in the Juddmonte with Midday. But with the ground looking on the slow side now I've decided to let that go. Instead the bet of the day is Namibian in the Voltigeur. This horse won over two miles at the Royal Meeting, a staying performance that kind of put me off backing him in the Gordon Stakes next time out at Goodwood. He won well there however, and carried a penalty to boot. I think this long straight and the underfoot conditions the meeting starts off with will really suit him. The favourite, Seville, has been beaten on this track when a short priced favourite before and he really is an animal that needs to be taken on when his odds look cramped. I think Namibian will certainly out battle him. Other dangers? With this sort of race you have horses who could step up on previous form with the step up in trip - but Sea Moon strikes me as your typical Stoute horse whose price (he is actually shorter in the market than my selection!!) is a reflection on his trainer and not the content of his form. Namibian is a confident selection.

Namibian £70w @ 47/10 (lost)


(-330.5)

No comments:

Post a Comment