02/08/2011

Ante-Post Update

Hoof It's impressive win in the Stewards Cup last Saturday has certainly shaken up the market for the Nunthorpe at the Ebor meeting. Not surprisingly having backed him in the July Cup I am rather keen on Bated Breath for this race. He actually fought for his head in the early stages at Newmarket and looks like an animal who will relish a drop down to 5f. I would also add that his run that day would have been good enough to win a lot of renewals in the recent past. I think 8/1 is a cracking price. Hoof It is a danger but is awfully short at 9/2 considering he has yet to run at this level. I'm not a fan of the other sprinters likely to take part and think last year's winner, Sole Power, won a particularly bad renewal. I just hope the price I've taken isn't a reflection on any doubt about Bated Breath's participation. There are a couple of other sprints at 6f that he could take part in, but both these - at Deauville and Haydock - are at venues that are prone to soft ground at this time of year - underfoot conditions that don't suit my selection.

In my last AP update I mentioned that I had backed Fox Hunt for the Ebor but since then I have laid my stake back after seeing him entered in the Goodwood Cup.


Nunthorpe:
Bated Breath £30w @ 8/1

Arc:
St Nicholas Abbey £20w @ 18/1
Sarafina £20w @ 10/1


---------------------------
Arkle:
Sprinter Sacre £20w @ 12/1

Gold Cup:
Time for Rupert £20w @ 16/1

No comments:

Post a Comment