24/09/2012

Ante-Post Update

The next couple of weeks will define my flat season as my two most important bets of the year run on consecutive weekends. First off we have Bronze Angel in Saturday's Cambridgeshire. This is a horse that leapt to the head of my horses to follow list after his excellent run from a poor draw in the Britannia Handicap at the Royal Meeting. He didn't get in a big handicap at Goodwood in July and so has had a fair spell on sidelines. Up until the five day declarations this morning it was looking doubtful whether that he'd get in the Cambridgeshire as well but a lot of horses have been pulled and I believe only two need to come out for him to get a run now. Fortunately I took odds of 30 and 33/1 on Betfair for bits and pieces when the prices came out a month or so ago because Pricewise recently selected him for the race. This has led to his odds crashing somewhat but I have the value and have topped in the meantime.

The Arc is a week later and my position on Orfevre looks very strong. I've backed him again since my last post and I'm very confident. I just hope the ground isn't too soft.

Cambridgeshire:
Bronze Angel £25w @ 24/1 and £10ew @ 20/1

Orfevre £70w @ 12/1
Danedream £10w @ 6/1
Danedream and Boston Bob (RSA Chase) £10dbl @ 6/1 and 10/1
£30 lost on two NR's

----------------------
Arkle:
Trifolium £10w @ 27/1

Champion Hurdle:
Spirit Son £35w @ 13/1

RSA Chase:
Fingal Bay £35w @ 12/1

Gold Cup:
Flemenstar £40w @ 12/1



-----------------------
1000 Guineas:
Newfangled £15w @ 16/1 


No comments:

Post a Comment