14/09/2012

Arc/Leger

Camelot stands on the threshold of history tomorrow as he attempts to become the first colt to win the Triple Crown since Nijinsky in 1970. I hope he does it and think he will but he is at the head of a well below crop of 3yo males and has little to beat. I backed Great Heavens ante-post for this in the hope that the ground would have plenty of cut in it but John Gosden runs his filly in the Prix Vermeille at Longchamp on Sunday instead.

That race is one of three trials for the Arc and Orfevre takes part in the Prix Foy. His price has contracted sharply in the last few days and I've topped up my position on him. He doesn't have to win on Sunday but I'd like to see a nice run. As I've noted before, the fact that he has a run before his Arc bid is a great sign.

St Leger:
Great Heavens £30w @ 13/1 (NR)

Arc:
Orfevre £60w @ 135/10
Danedream £10w @ 6/1
Danedream and Boston Bob (RSA Chase) £10dbl @ 6/1 and 10/1
£30 lost on two NR's


(-434)

No comments:

Post a Comment