03/04/2014

Aintree - 4th April

Another poor day today and I'll be honest my confidence is shot to pieces. I just haven't been able to get a handle on this jumps season - in particular the staying chasers division. I have a couple of bets tomorrow and then my usual four darts at the National board and then I can put a terrible jumps season behind me.

Wonderful Charm's JLT form was boosted today and he's a horse I always thought of as a three mile chaser. When he won at Wincanton in November I backed him for the RSA with not even a thought in my head that he would go for the shorter race at the Festival but that he did. I think 4/1 is decent enough value tomorrow as I'm confident he'll stay and the favourite had a hard race when winning that RSA. Holywell looks a promising chaser but I'm really not sure he should be shorter than the selection and the other make little appeal.

The Melling Chase looks a tragic renewal and Module is overpriced for it. He ran well enough in the Queen Mother over an inadequate trip and looks the best horse in this race. So at 11/2 I'm happy to be a backer. The opposition really doesn't look up to much with Rajdhani Express' placed effort in the Ryanair hardly looking that inspiring with so many horses running below form in that race. And Ballynagour surely can't win a Grade 1. Even one as poor as this one. Wishfull Thinking might be the biggest danger but he's held on Cheltenham running.

Mildmay Novices' Chase:
Wonderful Charm £40w @ 4/1 (lost)

Melling Chase;
Module £50w @ 53/10 (half this stake has a money back concession - money back if 2nd or 3rd) nr void

(-1036.25)

No comments:

Post a Comment