04/12/2015

Exeter - 4th Dec

    I'm kind of satisfied with how my jumps season has gone thus far but my profit would be a lot better if it wasn't for getting sucked into handicaps. On the flat I only back horses in those type races who have gone into my tracker at some point, whereas in the winter I can't seem to resist getting suckered into analysing the big events and getting involved. That's something that will change from now on - I'll be employing the same methods that I use on the level. I have a couple of tracker jumpers already and I'll just stick with those. Abracadabra Sivola is one of those animals and I resisted backing him last week at Newbury as the fences there are quite formidable but he's well handicapped judging by his run behind Native River the time before that. I expect Tea For Two to take to fences with more aplomb than his stable companion, he jumped the fixed brush obstacles at Haydock like he was gagging for them the other week and I make him a decent bet in the novice chase at Exeter this afternoon. I was all over the horse at Haydock and was very disappointed with his effort but I think the combination of ground, three mile trip and the way he was ridden (prominant in a strongly run race) meant he just ran out of stamina. Trip and ground are ok today and I expect a big run. As for the opposition, Calipto is feared and brings a decent level of form to the race but he carries a penalty and he's mainly been campaigned over two miles and on better ground. Golden Doyen is a horse I like but he's looked a sketchy jumper to say the least so far in his chasing career.

Harry Dutfield Memorial Novices' Chase:
Tea For Two £40w @ 100/30 (won)

(+243.51)


No comments:

Post a Comment