06/02/2016

Ffos Las & Leopardstown - 6th Feb

    I spend quite a lot of time in the summer watching mid week racing from the gaff tracks in the hope of snagging some tracker horses. I don't really do this in the winter, I think it's the heavy ground and the amount of time it would take up that puts me off. Anyway, I mention this because I only have two jumpers in my tracker file, and one of them came to me via a race on heavy ground at Haydock. Goodbye Dancer travelled like the best horse in this race at my local track a couple of weeks back - a handicap hurdle over just short of three miles. He was beaten by an inform Baywing who was off a very light weight that day. Both these horses run tomorrow, the latter at Sandown and the former in the Welsh Champion Hurdle at Ffos Las. Now, he's four pounds wrong in this limited handicap but has a 5lb claimer up top and at 14/1 is well worth an each way poke. It looks a fairly uninspiring line-up and he's proven on deep ground stays further than two and a half miles - what's not to like.

    My other bet is Valseur Lido in the Irish Gold Cup. I've always been a fan of his form lines with Apache Stronghold and feel his fall at Kempton last time might have led to a couple of points on his price here, 8/1 seems a bit too big. Road to Riches is highly respected but this is his first race in a while, connections are bound to be thinking Cheltenham and I reckon he's worth a little bit of opposition given the price. 

Welsh Champion Hurdle:
Goodbye Dancer £20ew @ 14/1 (void)

Irish Gold Cup:
Valseur Lido £15ew @ 8/1 and £15w @ 85/10 (fell)

(-171.49)


No comments:

Post a Comment