07/10/2011

Ante-Post Update

It's taken a few days to recover from the crushing blow of seeing Sarafina not win the Arc in Paris but I'm ready to roll again. Looking back at that race I really should have been more cautious after the draw was made and could certainly have reduced my bet.
Anyway, my big hope heading into the Autumn was for one big winner to get my flat season well into the green and with Sarafina down I have one bullet left and that is Cirrus Des Aigles in the Champion Stakes next Saturday. The news that So You Think is a likely runner at Ascot is a blow to be honest as the race looked like it was cutting up fine. King George winner Nathaniel I couldn't have at all, mainly because the form of that race is pretty worthless, and it seems to me that the Cecil pair, Midday and Twice Over, were there more for their trainer's Championship hopes than any realistic chance they might have. But the Aussie horse is a massive danger and I have covered as well as topped up on the French gelding.

As for the other bets on the list, the Jumps season kicks into gear very shortly and my initial ante post bets here will be discussed once I'm done with the Flat.

Champion Stakes:
Cirrus Des Aigles £80w @ 77/10
So You Think £25w @ 29/10


------------------------
Betfair Chase:
Diamond Harry £5w @ 11/1

King George:
Captain Chris £10w @ 10/1

Arkle:
Sprinter Sacre £30w @ 116/10

Gold Cup:
Time for Rupert £20w @ 16/1

No comments:

Post a Comment