14/10/2011

Ascot - 15th October

Here we go then, with a last throw of the dice to try and make my Flat season at least respectable. I haven't really got going all year, haven't had any season changing bets like I kept having during the winter. It is possible as I get older and more experienced as a punter that the Jumps game is better suited to my style. Certainly the last three or four years seems to suggest that is the case.

The only race that appeals this weekend from a punting point of view is the Champion Stakes. I have already fully discussed this contest in my ante-post updates and the only thing to add now is a general disappointment that the ground isn't softer, and also that I have doubled my bet on So You Think. I think the record of Coolmore animals coming to this race after the Arc (Montjeu, Hurricane Run and Fame and Glory were all short priced losers) has kept his price honest and I think he'll take a world of beating. He's a big, strong animal who looks the type to take a lot of racing.

Cirrus Des Aigles £80w @ 77/10 (won)
So You Think £50w @ 26/10 (lost)


(+199.2)

1 comment: