28/10/2011

Jumps are back - waay heyy!

I'm stoked for the start of the Jumps. The winter game seems to get better every year and with me having my best ever punting season last year I'm looking forward to another profitable one (hopefully.) I've even managed to rope in some work colleagues into giving me some money so I can create a ten-to-follow syndicate and I'll be knocking together around ten entries before the off on the 12th Nov.

As I mentioned earlier in the week Time for Rupert is a horse I have high hopes for this season and having backed him earlier in the week for tomorrow's Charlie Hall at Wetherby I topped up once he was declared this morning. He's a good price for the race as is the favourite, Diamond Harry. It's very unusual for the front two in the market in any race to both be backable and I put that down to the presence of Nacarat in the race. This flashy grey won the race last year but carries a big penalty as a result. That, coupled with the fact that the race this year is a far stronger renewal gives him little chance in my opinion. But bookmakers aren't stupid and he's the sort of animal who will attract support no matter what the price - so why not make him 6/1 instead of a more realistic 12s?

Time for Rupert £80w @ 4/1 (lost)

No comments:

Post a Comment