16/11/2011

Ante-Post Update

I'm looking forward to the Betfair Chase on Saturday where I'm hopeful Diamond Harry can win first time out yet again. As good as Long Run is I think he's vulnerable first time out and I'm not sure, as I've pointed out before, of the true worth of the Gold Cup form.

Speaking of Harry, the Hennessy is only a couple of weeks away and I like Wayward Prince for this contest. He's a thorough stayer who plugged on like a proper horse to be third over an inadequate three miles in the RSA Chase at the Festival. He gets in here off 150 and is attractively priced at 12/1. Second season chasers are the animals you want to be with in this race and if there is cut in the ground the selection will be a formidable opponent over the longest trip he will have encountered thus far in his young career



Betfair Chase:
Diamond Harry £30w @ 85/10
Kauto Star Laid @ 6/1 for £20

Hennessy:
Wayward Prince £30w @ 12/1

King George:
Captain Chris £25w @ 95/10

----------------
Arkle:
Sprinter Sacre £40w @ 11/1

RSA:
Hidden Cyclone £10w @ 29/1

Champion Chase:
Captain Chris £20w @ 12/1

Gold Cup:
Time for Rupert £50w @ 16/1
Denman £10w @ 28/1

No comments:

Post a Comment