08/11/2011

Open Meeting Thoughts

Really looking forward to Cheltenham's first proper meeting of the year (whole week actually taken off work.) I've already posted my thoughts on Mon Parrain's chance in the Paddy Power. He's a fantastic jumper who I think will be well suited to the course. His economic fencing will make him tough to beat. As cover I took a chance on backing Noble Prince (not a certain runner) this morning. I punted him when he beat Wishfull Thinking at the Festival off level weights and 12/1 just looks that little bit too big given that he might get in with not that big a weight.

Elsewhere I am looking forward to seeing Cue Card jump a fence at Headquarters and I've taken some 2/1 about him in the novice chase, where he takes on Grands Crus. That horse is the 13/8 fav and I think Victor Chandler (the only oddsmaker to price up the race so far) have them the wrong way round. I think Cue Card's "flop" in the Supreme last March might mean he gets under bet this year when he has tough opponents and I am gagging to get a price about him for the race I mentioned above that Noble Prince won.

Nick Williams has a couple of old favourites entered up also and I think Reve De Sivola might be backable at a biggish price in a tough looking Handicap Chase on Saturday as he always saves his best for this track.

4.05 Friday:
Cue Card £40w @ 2/1

Paddy Power:
Mon Parrain £50w @ 66/10
Noble Prince £30w @ 12/1

No comments:

Post a Comment