12/11/2011

Open Meeting - Day 2

Onto Paddy Power day and I have two bets lined up for today. In the big race I have been backing Mon Parrain for a couple of weeks. This horse is a spectacular jumper of a fence and I fell that attribute will stand him in good stead around Cheltenham where economy at an obstacle is key. I've posted more thoughts on this race in my ante-post updates. I also have a non runner in this contest.

In the Handicap Chase at 1.55 I can't resist a smallish bet on Reve De Sivola. This horse is an old favourite of mine who hasn't really gone on to be the star chaser I hoped he would be. But he ran well here at the Festival and I think 10/1 is a very fair price considering he's off a similar mark today.

Mon Parrain £50w @ 66/10 (lost)
Noble Prince £30w @ 12/1 (NR)

Reve De Sivola £25w @ 10/1 and £15pl @ 5/2 (lost)


(-250)

No comments:

Post a Comment